Letter Box Lock
Nine in ten mailboxes use such poor security locks that they might as well be left open! Keep crims from exploiting this vulnerability to steal your identity.
The Superior Security Pin Tumbler Camlock Designed for Letterboxes.
Mailbox identity theft is on the rise. For identity theft gangs it’s open season on letterboxes everywhere. Fact is, a single master key opens 90% of Australian letterboxes. Criminals know this, and are systematically exploiting this vulnerability to steal credit card and identity information and commit fraud.
Once you’re a victim of identity theft, it can be nearly impossible to get your life back. The personal and financial impact can be devastating. Fortunately, there’s a simple way to fight back.
The LBX Letter Box Lock now has a brass driver instead of a die cast driver for added strength. Simply order the existing product code.
|LBXCM1-KD||Camlock||KD cylinder kit|
|LBXCM1-NB||Camlock||No barrel kit|
|LBXCM1-UN||Camlock||C4 housing and barrel|
|LBXCM1-KD-DP||Camlock||KD Cylinder Kit Display pack|
New & improved superior security pin tumbler camlock. Designed for letterboxes for increased security.
The LBX Pro features the addition of stainless steel parts for added strength and corrosion resistance. Body, cam and nut all machined in house in 316 stainless steel with a 6061 aluminium spacer.
- LBX Pro is over 3.5 times stronger than the LBX
- Body, cam and nut are made from 316 stainless steel
- 6061 aluminium spacers used
|LBXCM1SS-KD||LBX Pro (Camlock) KD||Keyed to Differ|
|LBXCM1SS-NB||LBX Pro No Barrel Model||No Barrel|
|LBXCM1SS-NC||LBX Pro No Cylinder Model||No Cylinder|
Introducing Australia’s only easy retrofit letterbox lock that stops identity thieves in their tracks!
The Carbine LBX letterbox lock is a new superior-security lock that is not vulnerable to the simple master-key hack that affects most letterboxes. Instead, the Carbine LBX is a C4 keyway letterbox lock — the very same pin-tumbler key system as your front door. This is far more secure than the wafer camlocks used in most letterboxes. The Carbine LBX uses next-generation technology to solve a critical vulnerability that has plagued letterbox locks for decades.
A single master key opens 90% of Australian letterboxes. The Carbine LBX letterbox lock is a new high-security lock that is not vulnerable to the simple master-key hack that affects most letterboxes. Instead, the Carbine LBX is a C4 keyway letterbox lock — the very same pin-tumbler key system as your front door. This is far more secure than the wafer camlocks used in most letterboxes. The Carbine LBX pin tumbler camlock has been developed specifically to cater for camlock fittings where a higher level of key management security is required. The locks allow you to supply either on C4 (LKW5) keyway 5 or 6 pin keys or rekey to your inline restricted system. Ideal for lockers, cabinets, cash boxes or letterboxes.
- Pin-tumbler design for anti-pick resistance
- Eliminates compromised wafer-cam key system that thieves have master-key for
- No universal master-key
- Easy-install requires only a simple retrofit
- Convenience of one key for the house and letterbox
- Patented design
- For letterbox-banks at apartment and office complexes, locks can be pinned, so property manager can still have a special key to open up all or some boxes
- LBX PRO – Body, cam and nut are made from 316 stainless steel
- LBX PRO – 6061 aluminium spacers used
- Product is available in kits with KD cylinder or with cylinder housing without barrel or less cylinder
- Carbine LKW9 (C4) keyway 6 pin cylinders available to suit (cylinder is keyed using back 5 pinholes only)
- Cylinders are available complete keyed to differ or top loaded housing only
- Cylinder uses a 570 style barrel with a new design of housing (only suitable
for inline restricted)
- Will also accept 5 pin keys
- Can be master keyed
- Each kit includes 3 standard cam lengths for 16mm, 19mm, 22mm fittings
- There are also spare cams available to allow fittings for 11mm & 27mm
- Operates with our range of Firstlock cams
- Includes fixing nut
- 90 degree key movement
- Chrome plate finish
The high personal cost of identity theft and fraud.
Identity crime is the theft of your identity information or related financial information. Criminals then use that information to create false identities and perpetrate financial fraud.
In 2010-2011 alone, the Australian Bureau of Statistics found that Australians lost $1.4 billion due to personal fraud.
The ABS survey estimated a total of 1.2 million Australians aged 15 years or older had been victim of at least one identity fraud incident in the 12 months prior — a substantial increase from the 806,000 cases recorded in 2007.
The Office of Australian Information Commissioner has stated that it can be almost impossible to recover from identity theft: “You may have problems for years.”
The common symptoms of identity theft:
Innovation in lock design since 2002
All Carbine locks are developed in collaboration with some of Australia’s most talented and visionary locksmiths. It’s your guarantee of superior quality, versatility and ease-of-installation.
For full complete range visit:
1300 361 718
SYDNEY • MELBOURNE • BRISBANE • PERTH • ADELAIDE • AUCKLAND